We had a really great meeting last night and the positivity just keeps on coming!
We’re making some really strong headway with our project and I want to thank you all for the continued support. We’ve a tonne of news headed your way but we want to start with something else this morning…
We are looking for a little extra help!
We’re looking for some letters of support from those who are willing to endorse our project. This will help us in potentially securing the final funds required to commence building.
If you’re a local business or in a position that could help convince others about the benefits of our project, We’d love to hear from you.
(Particularly if you fall in to one of the following categories: teachers/doctors/social workers/councillors and council employees/solicitors/accountants/local MP’s/fitness or wellbeing instructors/police or fire staff and local business owners)
If you could provide us with a letter detailing the following…
– A headed letter.
– State your position/job role within the community.
– State your support for our project and note why you think a new skate park is a good idea.
– Examples of this:
*You can outline the physical and mental health benefits as part of an active lifestyle, encouraging youth to socialise, the fact it’s a free facility and will be inclusive for everyone. The tourism it will attract to the local area and even the money it will generate to the local economy when families come to stay or visit the facility.
– Please make the letter out to the following address:
BROCH SKATE CLUB
74 gallowhill road
Or if you prefer email to: email@example.com
The Broch Skate Club will be holding an A.G.M. up stairs in the Balaclava Bar Fraserburgh on the 8th of November at 6:30!!
No drink will be involved!
In particular they are looking for young parents who can help take the club’s vision forward for building a new concrete skate park at the Broch. In particular anyone with administrative skills to be Secretary, taking minutes and arranging committee meetings. Others with organisational and fundraising skills would also be most welcome
just a quick message to let you know the next meeting will be held Tuesday 26th of may @7.30pm at the fraserburgh leisure center, hope to see you all there!
Just a quick post to let everyone know we will be holding our AGM on Thursday 16th April 7.30PM at the Fraserburgh Leisure Center.
We will be discussing the latest park designs and the way forward with regards to fundraising. We are hoping for a large turn out, feel free to bring anyone you know along.
Hope to see you all there.
We at the Broch Skate club would like to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!
The new year starts off with good news for the Broch Skate Club, the
computer renders of the park have now been done, they look amazing.
Many of you may have been wondering whats been happening,
unfortunately things have been slow. Still work has been getting done
behind the scenes, we at the Broch Skate Club will not give up.
As we have found out trying to get a good park builder that is not
busy is impossible for obvious reasons, if they are good they will be
We found one that fits this bill, earlier in 2014 a representative
from Wheelscape came up to Fraserburgh to look at the site of our
current skate park.
The representative wanted to get a lay of the land before setting
about making a design for us.
Wheelscape have been really busy, as they are in high demand due to
the quality of the parks they build, this has slowed the process down
Over the course of 2014 designs and ideas was passed back and forth
between us, incorporating as much of the needs of all who
currently use the park.
The designers have done a fantastic job, and managed to incorporate
almost everything into the park that we had discussed at our design
Its been a slow process getting to this stage with a lot of ground
work now been done, we would be looking to pick up the pace of the
project for 2015.
There will be a meeting on the 19th of January 7pm at Fraserburgh
Leisure Center, we will discuss the park designs and the direction we
need to move forward.
Things on the agenda of the meeting will be:- The new park plans, is
everyone happy with them? Any changes needed to be made?
Quiznight/ fundraiser, lotto funding + other funding avenues, date for
AGM & OSCR charitable status
We will be looking for a big turn out for our first meeting of the
year to get the project off to a good start.
The meeting will start off for you guys & girls to show your support
by having your say with what like about the new parks designs or even
don’t like about it.
Thanks for reading see you soon.
Click the above image to view full size
Since the start of the year we have been in talks with Wheelscape about the design of the new park. In March of this year, Jeremy (Wheelscapes Architect) came up to Fraserburgh to get a look at the current park and get a feel for the area and its surroundings. Chris Harrison discussed with Jeremy that the group held a meeting a few years ago with regards to the design of the park, Chris showed Jeremy the designs that were drawn up by the park users and Jeremy has tried to incorporate as much of these features that were suggested at the Design Meeting.
Our first thoughts were to extend the bank at the right hand side of the park to allow use of the handrail from both sides, the manual pad to have the grass/sand pit removed in order to minimise sand or dirt being brought into the park and also to add a wallie pole at the top of the bank next to the euro gap. It has also been suggested that mellow moguls be incorporated into the far left hand side of the park on the sloped run in.
The next stage will be for Jeremy to produce a Computer Generated 3d Render of the park. We would apprectaite any suggestions/feedback on this design before we go to Jeremy and ask for the final 3D render of the new park.
Just a wee update to let everyone know the AGM will be held at 7.30PM at Fraserburgh Leisure Center on Thursday 20th June.
Hope to see you all there!
The next meeting will be held at 7Pm, Wednesday 3rd of April at the JIC on Albert Street.
We hope to discuss the findings of the core samples which should be getting done any time now.
Hope to see you all there!